Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Nila experience

While the memory is still fresh in mind,
this entry is for me to one day look back and reflect.

there are a few reasons why I chose to volunteer.
I knew I would definitely have a an experience - a different one
also because I like sports...

when I first found out I was posted to the shooting centre,
to be honest, I was abit sian. Sian because I know its not a sport as exciting as swimming/football.
but went ahead anyway.

Learnt new sport, strengthened my values,
worked with young people(feel young again)
some of them are only like 18/19. whuttttt
and then at the end of the day realised one of the guy is my sec sch junior. HAHA
I hope these kids do take away something from this whole experience :)

Shooting the sport itself requires alot of concentration,focus, perseverance,
the phone has to be on silent mode. lots of check before the actual shot is taken
with the headcover on, its really you vs yourself... i don't think they know how their opponents have fared. its a hit or a miss. so much concentration required...

one can be lagging at the initial few shots but can catch up and win the gold!!
Witness it at today's women 25m pistol.
nail-biting moments and the elimination quite cruel.. lol
the format of the game is very interesting
the top 8 from the qualifying round qualifies
yet when you reach the finals, you start from 0.
you can qualify as the 1st but not even make it to the top 3.
what I get from this is-
you may be slower/far from what you want/what people has
but at some point of your life, you're equal.
you will start at the same spot. Maybe that's Jannah :)
consistency is so important in this game...
and I kinda lost it somehow...

Then in events you are very much required to think on your feet which is good for people like me
who work day in day out with fixed routine, hardly have to make split decisions.

Enjoyed my first volunteering experience :)



No comments:

Post a Comment