Thursday, June 14, 2018

Ramadan


4.30am. Mum knocks on the door before my alarm rings. Sahur is ready on the dining table.
5.00am. MIL calls to make sure we are awake
12.30pm. My desk neighbor who would usually lunch in, excused herself because she was worried the aroma would bother me
4.30pm. My colleagues remember that I am fasting and offered snacks in a container so I could have them after I broke my fast
7.12pm. On my way home, I broke my fast with individually packed Ajwa dates from a colleague  
7.30pm. I get home with dinner already prepared. Mum waits for me to finish Maghrib before she mops the floor.
8.10pm. The weather was colder than usual. It was slightly more comfortable in covered clothes and praying garment
8.20pm. The aircon from the classroom at the mosque is extended to the praying area
9.40pm. A couple walking their dog kept a lookout as I was walking towards them
9.50pm. Herbal chicken soup is cooking in the slow cooker

I want this to be a reminder to myself, should my faith ever be tested that He has blessed me with many wonderful people in my life. Alhamdulillah.

Missing my late cousin a little more today…

No comments:

Post a Comment