Tuesday, March 27, 2007

i'd rather spend a few mins to blog now.
haha, okay, in case you might wanna know what happened ytd,
i'll just copy and paste my match report.

Today( as in ytd), we had our second national’s game against St Margs. In the first quarter, I felt that the play was very messy; we messed up all the timings and drives that we used to have. At the end of the first quarter, we were down by 5.

For me, it was quite demoralising at first. But I was really desperate for a win, to make our way through to the top 8. I told myself that I can’t give up on myself and the team, the only way to get through, is to win this game!

Hence, we worked really hard in the second quarter, when Germaine was put as the GA and Hui Xian was fielded in, as the GK. I find that we intercepted more balls and put in more shots in this formation, and we caught up with 3 center passes. We were down by 2 at the end of the second quarter.

From then on, I tried pushing myself even harder. But it seems like I made even more center pass mistakes. At least the MGS match has taught me a very good lesson, of not getting demoralising in the middle of the game, where every ball counts. Maybe it was due to the limited options we had, we made a lot of our own mistakes and our opponents took full advantage of it. We were down by 8 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The game was not over.

I was tired by the last quarter. I hardly made good runs and drives. Still, we manage to chase up 3 balls. I guess if we would have not lost so much in the 3rd quarter, we could have won this match.

In overall, I believe that all of us did try. But not hard enough, the hunger for the match can’t be seen.

At this point of time, it marks the ‘end’ of the season. One thing I’ve learnt and an obstacle that I’ve crossed is my own obstacle of being demoralised. Now that I have a role to play in the team, I know I can’t afford to bring the team down, together with me.

Today
was very tired...
i aint that emo today.
at least i think i've looked happy today.
but deep down, it still saddens me alot to think that the 3 months is coming to an end.
yes, an end. never will there be a chance to play as a team again.
or maybe yes, but no longer representing our dear tanglin!

TSS netball alumni! still thinking of which area to focus on.

i did pretty much of a reflection today.
and i'm planning to do my farewell speech this weekend.
*remind myself to do farewell speech*
hais. when its time to end, it will end.
our last game.
doubt i'll get to play.
but nvm! we'll work hard =)
i will definitely miss the team.
just like how i miss my old team till now, really much(:

of course, at the end of my netball jouney( not planning to continue netball ).
there are things that i will remember for the rest of my life!
to be updated! hehe.

one of the hwa chong speaker looks familiar.
i think hes some guy from hpps, Gifted Education Programme.
so not very suprised. and that kahtik guy from RI too.
both last speakers.

ah, i miss hpps! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment