Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Miss #5

5.Waipo/Bukit Panjang


I have never been close to Waipo because she lives alone in Malaysia, while she was reluctant to leave her comfort zone to Singapore, she knew how to take care of herself, mend the garden, do house chores. The living style of Waipo house is so different. I still miss going waipo house, catching ants, ladybird, grasshopper with my bro and cousins. Playing cards, just spending time together. We would wake up every morning to a huge spread of breakfast. Waipo would go to the market and buy breakfast for so many of us every morning with her motorcycle. Mummy brought her home when she fell ill in 2001. She came to Singapore for an operation. Times were hard, my mum was holding a single job, my bro and I had PSLE and streaming. Waipo must have saw it was tough on mummy. She decided to end her life. It must be hard on mummy for she chose to end her life in our house. After her death, we sold our house away, but while it was still vacant( my family already moved to my ah ma house), I still go back on my own, stay on my own. So much because I miss that place so much before it was sold. I miss having a functional family. I miss having my own room. I miss BP cus that’s where I learnt so much to be independent. I miss inviting friends to my house. I miss you, Wai Po.

No comments:

Post a Comment